The 12 Creative Steps For Recovery
1. We admit that there is power in art.
2. We believe that creating art can uncover the emotional connection to our addiction.
3. We make a decision to let our artwork speak for itself without verbal contradiction.
4. We agree to never give up searching for our creative self.
5. We agree to be completely honest about our art and what it contains.
6. We are entirely ready to use any and all art materials as tools for removing these defects of character.
7. We humbly use the power of creativity to remove our shortcomings.
8. We agree to make a visual representation of all persons we have harmed and are willing to make individual response pieces as a means of making amends.
9. We agree to gift the response pieces to these people wherever possible, except when doing so would harm or hinder the recovery process.
10. We agree to continue to make art and be open to admitting when the artwork depicts our wrong doings.
11. We will use prayer and meditation to improve our conscious understanding of ourselves and believe in the power that art has to carry it out.
12. Having had a creative awakening as a result of these steps, we will do our best to carry this message to other addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.